Creekside Church exists to . . . Follow Jesus. Love God. Love People. The church is passionate about authentic worship, practical care, Biblically-based teaching, and engaging evangelism. Founded in 1989, in Waterloo ON, Creekside is an evangelical, contemporary, non-denominational church community. Averaging over 2,000 in attendance on Sunday mornings at two locations and five worship services. Creekside is a strong team based church that is excited to be a part of all that God is up to in the faith community in Waterloo Region.
The Part-time Custodian is a hands-on, hourly position directly involved in the cleaning of specific areas and set-up of the building and campus grounds so as to best steward the physical resources with which God has blessed Creekside Church and to maximize the attractiveness of the building and grounds for guests. This is a 10 hour a week position that includes week nights and weekend shifts.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Qualified to be a member of Creekside Church
- Strong team player
- Able to define and meet objectives and goals
- Knowledgeable and experienced in building and grounds maintenance
- Knowledgeable and experienced in building cleaning
- Able to lift between 30 -40lbs
- Able to work at various heights
- Able to operate cleaning machinery or small outdoor machines
- Mechanically and Repair inclined
- Carries out specific custodial duties as laid out below ensuring the building is kept in pristine and clean condition.
- Work various evenings and weekends to give custodial support to events.
- Assists with maintenance of building systems under the guidance of the Head Custodian, with appropriate preventative maintenance schedule and repairs as required.
- Act as “On Duty Custodian” for Weekend Services as required (see specific duties below).
- Ensures rooms are set up for ministry events according to plans entered into the bookings calendar
- Will become familiar with all power equipment and sky jack operation for required duties.
- Assists with seasonal duties as required including snow removal in the winter, spring and fall cleanings, etc.
- Other duties as required by the Head Custodian.
Specific Duties (Subject to change as needed)
Weekly and as needed – Cleaning of following areas:
- Office areas
- Upstairs washrooms and kitchen
- Children’s wing
- Main washrooms
- Entrance ways
- Garbage Bin Covers
- Upper windows inside Atrium with Sky Jack
- Flies from lighting fixtures
- Cleaning of stage
- Strip, clean and polish of server, kitchen and bathroom tile floors
- Removal of carpet stains as they occur
On Duty Custodian:
When assigned to act as On-Duty Custodian for a Weekend Service, the following duties are required:
- Open the church no later than 5:45 am.
- Remove snow from sidewalks in Winter and goose droppings in Summer
- Oversee set-up and tear-down of the gym for weekend services and communions when required.
- Clean up spills as they occur
- Monitor and replace bathroom supplies
- Remove offering box per procedure
- Secure and close church after service
If you’re convinced you’re the right person for the job, send us your resume and convince us.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job title “Part-time Custodian”
Posting Deadline: Friday, February 16th, 2018.